Tufflon-P90 is Australia’s most trusted polyurea for permanent and long term immersion in water.
Why should you trust Tufflon-P90 over other similar polyurea products?
- Because it’s a proven performer and we know what’s in it.
- It’s AS/NZS 4020-2005 approved for use with potable water as tested by the Australian Quality Water Centre
- It has a very low water absorption rate compared to other polyurea products and this helps resist osmosis
- Tufflon-P90 is a pure polyrea and we won’t allow unreactive diluents or extenders to be used in its formulation
- Liquimix has developed unique and proven methods for preparing concrete and steel tanks prior to lining with Tufflon-P90
- These methods guarantee high adhesion and virtually elliminate the root cause of osmosis by removing soluble salts that can draw water one way through the membrane
- Finally and most importantly, our customers trust Tufflon-P90 because it has a proven track record over years of permanent immersion. In 2013 a large city supply concrete water reservoir was being emptied in Queensland for maintainence. It had been lined five years earlier with Aralox primer and Tufflon-P90 and Liquimx was invited to inspect it. During the cleaning process a council employee of 30 years said “I’ve never seen anything stand up to water as well as this stuff. It looks like it was just put down yesterday…“. The Tufflon was smooth and shiny and looked in perfect condition with no blisters, cracks or peeling.
Many other polyurea products have been used in reservoirs and have blistered or disbonded within a very short time frame. Why did they fail and Tufflon-P90 didn’t?
- Tufflon-P90 is a pure polyurea made in Australia under strict ISO 9001 quality control. We won’t allow any unreactive diluents or extenders to be used in its formulation. Other polyurea products often contain extenders or diluents such as phthalates or propylene carbonate in order to give certain properties or keep their pricing down. These extenders may not make much difference in projects that are not permanently immersed in water. But under permanent and long term immersion they can leach out and consequently promote osmosis, resulting in blisters.
- Liquimix has developed unique and proven methods for substrate preparation that guarantees high adhesion.
- Only competent and experience operators should apply Tufflon products using equipment and processing parameters that are measured and recorded as part of an Inspection and Test Procedure. High Voltage Porosity, Thickness and Adhesion tests should be conducted during Tufflon application. Defects, pin-holes, voids and runs are best rectified immediately using our proven techniques. When all of this is put together our customers can have confidence that Tufflon-P90 will continue protecting their valuable assets for many years.
Why risk your project, sometimes worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, with a product and process that is unknown in Australian conditions?
Typical uses for Tufflon-P90 in Permanent Immersion
- internal lining of concrete water reservoirs
- steel panel tank complete lining
- water & sewerage applications
- launder channels
- aeration basins
- commercial aquariums
- large swimming or dive pools
- ponds and lakes
- open concrete channel remediation and lining with Tufflon-P90 / Geofabric
- cattle station water trough and tank remediation